IMA Gardens and Grounds Tours
The IMA’s gardens and grounds are renowned for their beauty and history. The 152-acre complex includes: Oldfields, a 26-acre American Country Place estate that has been recognized as a National Historic Landmark, the Indianapolis Museum of Art’s 26-acre main campus and the 100-acre Virginia B. Fairbanks Art and Nature Park.
- Public Tours: During the warmer months:
1. Garden tours on Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 pm. The tours leave from Horticultural Society Overlook Garden, just outside of the museum at the entrance to the gardens. Free, with membership or entrance fee.
2. Lilly House and Garden tours are Fridays and Saturdays, 2:00 pm, April to December.
3. Fairbanks 100 Acres tours are Saturdays at noon, April through October.
- Group Tours: Offered April through October, free tours are available for private groups when requested three weeks in advance. Learn more about these tours.
- Self-Guided Tours (Mobile Tours), at your own pace. Information here. There are three tours: Oldfields—Lilly House & Gardens, Garden Mobile Tour, and Fairbanks 100 Acres tours.
- Tours for Blind/Partially-Sighted Visitors and those with limited mobility. Click here then page down for more information.
For Horticultural Society U.S. and International Garden Tours,