The Horticultural Society usually sponsors four lectures by outside experts each year. Most of the lectures are given at The Toby theater at the museum. Often, a cocktail time & dinner event is arranged before the lecture for members of the Horticultural Society who wish to socialize ahead of time. In March, there is a lecture on a Sunday afternoon that is followed by the annual Horticultural Society Tea. For upcoming lectures, visit Horticultural Society Events and Programs
- November 16 : My Mother’s Garden: Eudora Welty’s Garden and Its Roots in the Progressive Era.
- Sept 11, 2014 Small Shrubs for the Perennial Garden, Stephanie Cohen
- May 29, 2014 Modern Landscape Architecture: Transition and Transformation, Charles Birnbaum
- March 9, 2014 American Home Landscapes, Denise Adams
- February 6, 2014 Emily N. Daniels Horticulture Symposium: Smaller Garden – Bigger Impact. Speakers: C. Colston Burrell, Jo Ellen Meyers Sharp, Lee Reich, Vincent Simeone